GilletteLabs with Exfoliating Bar
Plant-based, recyclable, dyed fiber razor tray
What does it take to avoid legacy plastic with plant-based fiber solutions for a consumer products company? It takes innovation, a strong partnership, and a will to get it done.
- 100% Plastic-free
- Anti-dust Coating
- Dyed Plant-based Fiber
- Engineer a solution that aligns with Gillette branding style & color
- Avoid plastic packaging completely
- Ensure recyclability
- Produce at scale globally
PLANT-BASED FIBER TECH
As P&G's fiber partner, we were tasked with designing & engineering an Earth-friendly razor tray for GilletteLabs with Exfoliating Bar.
- P&G wanted to avoid the typical plastic material often used for similar products, and pursue an entirely recyclable packaging solution for this major product launch.
- Footprint developed a product safe dye solution so that branding style and color palette could be maintained.
- Production engineering was customized to accommodate the manufacturing of the specialized fiber materials of this product, maximizing line capacity capability.
- The plant-based fiber razor tray is certified recyclable, causing no harm to the Earth. Footprint scaled production globally resulting in one of the largest product launches for Gillette in a decade.
Footprint’s solution for the GilletteLabs with Exfoliating Bar is helping Gillette, a Proctor & Gamble brand, with their target to achieve 100% recyclable or reusable packaging by 2030. The box, not produced by Footprint, is also recyclable.