Plant-based fiber solutions.
We develop technologies to address our customer's needs.
Listen to Troy Swope, Footprint CEO, discuss Footprint’s advancements in technology and materials science for creating sustainable solutions.
Supermarkets are where the average consumer encounters the most throwaway plastics… But it doesn’t have to be that way.Footprint has proven, commercialized technologies already in every aisle of the supermarket and is working with brands and retailers in each of these departments to introduce Footprint’s sustainable plant-based packaging technologies:
- Ability to stand up to moisture inherent in fresh meats and produce for long periods of time without sacrificing performance
- Freezer Safe with ability to meet shelf life demands of frozen foods for 12+ months
- Shelf Stable solutions that protect non-refrigerated products for up to 12 months
- Microwave and oven safe solutions
- Bio-based, compostable, recycle solutions that are Earth Digestible
- Solutions that eliminate harmful forever chemicals
- Wide rage of patented and proprietary barrier coatings to enhance product performance
Footprint designs, develops & manufactures plant-based fiber solutions.
High quality sustainable alternatives to plastic and polystyrene foam.
We pioneer technologies that do not yet exist in order to design our innovative products
We are the only plastic-free solution that offers extended barrier properties to replace rigid plastics. We pioneer the entire technology value chain to create the custom solutions our customers need to eliminate plastic. Every step of the value chain is in-house, helping us assure quality, scale, and the flexibility to rapidly innovate and optimize.
A Valiant Tribe of Innovators
We are proud of the team that we have built to create such disruptive products. We’ve taken on a big mission and it takes a world class team to pull it off. We have a total of 90+ engineers that span across 7 different engineering sectors that help Footprint pioneer technologies to eliminate plastic.
Footprint's customers foster positive environmental impact
Our vision at Footprint is to significantly reduce our dependence on single-use plastics, and to provide safe, plant-based fiber alternatives.
Delivering sustainability without sacrificing performance
Footprint's products perform as well as their plastic counterparts, but without all the toxic chemicals.
Wide range of blended fiber solutions and proprietary barriers
Plant-based solutions that provide our customers brand differentiating solutions at a price point that is comparable to plastic solutions
- 12-month shelf life
- Oven and microwave safe
- 25+ degrees cooler to the touch
- 100% oil barrier